Snow is melting. Birdsong fills your ears, and the sun’s warmth caresses your skin. It’s springtime! And what games do children play in spring? Let’s see. Rain and cold weather may keep you indoors, but these spring activities for toddlers will allow you to enjoy all that spring offers!
What games do children play in spring? Cloudy Day Sticky Wall
If you wonder, “What games do children play in spring?” I must say Sticky walls are a fun and easy way to brighten up a rainy day. My 18-month-old twins had a great time with this sticky wall activity that I set up for them.
Sticky Wall Decorations for a Cloudy Day
- Use painter’s or masking tape to attach blue construction paper to the wall.
- Cut out a sun from yellow construction paper and tape it to the blue paper’s right-hand corner.
- With the sticky side out, unroll your contact paper and tape it over the blue sky and sun.
- As a nursery in Dubai, we invite your child to play with cotton balls and contact paper to create fluffy white clouds. The whole cotton ball and just a few dabs are acceptable methods of creating fluffy white clouds in the blue sky.
- You can’t reuse the contact paper after this fun activity is over. The contact paper can be re-used for my other projects, including those that do not involve cotton balls.
What games do children play in spring? Flower Painting with Cotton Balls for Spring
We had a great time with this spring-themed activity. Use eyedroppers with coloured water to encourage fine motor skills in young children! And if you want to know the rest of “What games do children play in spring?” Read on.
Cotton Ball Flower Painting Setup
- Pick up your cardboard. You’ll need enough space to make two or three flowers. It is easier to clean up around the flower if you have more space.
- Give your child the outlines of a few spring flowers and let them finish the project themselves. Invite your students to trace the flowers with glue, then have them stick cotton balls in the glue to make cotton ball flowers. Then give them a bottle of glue. Demonstrate how to complete their initial task for them.
Decorating Cotton Ball Flowers
- Adding food coloring to the water can be done once they’ve mastered squeezing and letting go of the eyedropper.
- Fill six glasses or bowls two-thirds of the way with water. Each container should have a few drops of food coloring added to it.
- Color the cotton ball flowers with eye droppers and your child!
What games do children play in spring? Squish the Bugs Alphabet Game
What games do children play in spring which can be done indoor and outdoor? Squish the Bugs Alphabet Game! As the best nursery in Dubai, we get your child moving and learn their letters with the gross motor activity “Squish the Bug.” It’s a wonderful springtime activity!
Squish the Bugs Gross Motor Activity: How to Set It Up
- All you need for this activity to be done outside is some sidewalk chalk. Post-it notes and a fly swatter can be used indoors if the weather doesn’t allow you to go outside (optional).
- In the center of each bug, write a letter of the alphabet. The more you have, the better.
- The best place to draw your bugs is on the ground. In the bug’s center, write a letter. To create various bugs, I used a variety of colors. Make sure your sketches are flawless. My results were mediocre at best. Although my daughter pointed out that my bugs don’t really look like bugs, she still had a great time with them!
How to Play
A letter is called out, then the children have to find it and then jump and stomp on it, squishing the bugs! This is a fun way to learn letters and get some exercise at the same time! You’ll need sidewalk/path chalk to play this game. As a spring camp for kids in Dubai, we always play this game with toddlers.
Feeder made from Pine Cones Crafting Game
This pine cone bird feeder will bring back memories of childhood nature explorations! This bird feeder is simple, classic, and fun. Toddlers will see these as a game if you teach this in a fun way. This spring, take your kids on a nature walk to collect pine cones as a bonus! In this walk you can also go for a spring photography with kids.
What games do children play in spring? Counting the Number of Flowers and Leaves on a Sheet of Paper
What games do children play in spring? Well, this fun mathematics activity is certainly one of them. Enjoy some flowery paperclip mathematics this spring! Paperclips in various colors can be used for petals and leaves. Up through kindergarten and first grade, you’ll find ideas on how to differentiate for students who are working on one-to-one correspondence. If you are looking for a trusted British nursery in Jumeirah, then you have found the right place.
f you have any questions or would like to come for a tour at our nursery, please do not hesitate to get into contact with us.
Follow us on Instagram